Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Saving Face...

Wow! so its been a Looooonnnggg time since I've done anything at all here... About two years since my last post (If that can be called a post!)...
However, now, having gotten major academic stuff done with, I think I should definitely put in some efforts here. And at this point, I think starting anywhere is a good enough start!

So, I just, very recently and very late, have decided to be part of the 29 Faces Challenge. So this is what this post will be all about (and hopefully the next few too!)
For the challenge, I've tried different mediums, not all of which I'm comfortable with (cough *oil pastels * cough) , but I assume that's the challenge for me.

So here's what I've done since deciding to be a part of the challenge a couple of days back.



 Face 1 - Oil Pastels on Watercolor Paper - ACEO size 

Face 2 - Pen and ink on Watercolor Paper - ACEO size

Face 3 - Acrylic paint + pen and ink on Watercolor Paper - ACEO size

Face 4 - graphite and colored pencils on Watercolor Paper - ACEO size     



Face 5 - Pen and ink on Watercolor Paper - ACEO size

Face 6 - Watercolors on Watercolor Paper - ACEO size

I just realized that the color schemes seem rather bland in all of these, so maybe I'll try adding more yellow, green and blue in the next few... Lets see how they turn out.

Check out the incredible faces made by loads of other talented people... just click the button near the top right (the one with the sweet girl sketchy face). :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello.these are all so beautiful and fantastic...love the last one especially with the feathers floating and feather eyelashes..pure magic!
    Visiting from 29 faces , I am # 170
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have you in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete