Friday, February 28, 2014

In the Details...


Continuing the 29 Faces Challenge, I have three more faces to share. These took a lot longer to do than the others as I tried to detail them as much as I could and paint them as neatly as I could.
These are done in watercolor pencils; a medium in which I've done some of my better work and somehow I had completely forgotten them while trying out conventional watercolors. I find that watercolor pencils give me more control to do tiny and detailed work than conventional watercolors so I'll definitely be doing more paintings with them!

Face 7 - watercolor pencils on watercolor paper - ACEO size



Face 8 - watercolor pencils on watercolor paper - ACEO size

Face 9 - watercolor pencils on watercolor paper - ACEO size

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Congrats upon completion of the 29 Faces challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love face #9. What a peaceful expression. I agree about the watercolor pencils. Sometimes you just want to have a little more control, especially when working ACEO size. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be putting up more faces and a collage of my finished 29 Faces soon.

    ReplyDelete