Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recycled CD rack

I recently brought out CD/DVDs from the cupboard they were stored in and they have been untidly piled on the floor since then so I decided I needed a rack or shelf to house them. But there's really not much wall space in my room for shelves and it seemed too much of a hassle to call the carpenter to make a mess for a couple of shelves (who am I kidding..my room's already a mess!) so when I came across the tall box (that the T.V. came packed in) it was a dream come true! : p



So here's what I did to it...

There were already four slits in it so I used those as a guide and cut some more at appropriate distances and heights.
Then I took newspapers and rolled them into tubes - one sheet = one tube and don't forget to glue down the edges.


Next I spray painted the box and tubes.
And then inserted the tubes through the slits and glued them in place.




The tubes do feel very strong though I'm going to be careful not to overload but on the whole I'm happy because I've recycled ! : D

Now hop on over to Fireflies and Jellybeans to see what else to do with cardboard boxes



Also linking to










 

5 comments:

  1. wow, what a very clever idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a clever idea, indeed!

    Thanks for stopping by and following, and commenting. :)
    Following you.

    Hope you have a great week ahead!
    Nice to meet you!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever handiwork with cardboard, I am impressed, good for the environment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is amazing!!
    I am pinning this idea...so ingenious!!
    Thank You so much for following my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete